How do you learn?
You want to learn Authentic Jazz straight forward and from different teachers? This workshop is perfect for you, because you will have the chance to dive into different aspects of the dance with our versatile teachers line-up.
In each class you will learn specific concepts, techniques or routines that you can implement in your Solo Jazz and Swing dancing at your own pace. Long breaks in between the classes will give you time to rest or immediately practice what you just learned.
The great advantage of getting yourself to perform is that you don’t postpone implementing what you learned to a distant future – because you have a concrete goal to work towards. And while working towards this goal you will not only learn a cool routine, but you will also gain the performance skills you need to shine on stage. Long breaks in between the classes will give you time to rest and let things sink down, or to rehearse a bit more if you feel like it.
But your real thrill of the weekend will be the performance itself. Experience first hand what it means to be part of a show: Be behind the scenes for the stage rehearsal and calm your mind down while enjoying the backstage buffet, before you enter the stage, shine and earn your applause from a stunned audience.
Pick your level
We offer 3 levels, beginner/Intermediate, Intermediate and Advanced level at Cirque Du Solo 2017. When you sign up, we will ask you to assign yourself to one these levels. However, before the classes start we will all go through a level splitting to ensure that you find the best level for you according to the other dancers of your level.
Click here to see the level descriptions…
Take this level if you have experience in dancing, but are new to Authentic Jazz, or if you want to refresh your basics.
Note: This level is only available for the classic track.
- You already dance Swing or other couple / solo dances
- You propably already had some Authentic Jazz classes
- You know the Shim Sham or other routines
Take this level if you already have some experience in Authentic Jazz and now want to find your next challenges.
- You already took 6+ months of Authentic Jazz classes or several workshops
- You know the Shim Sham well and probably also the Tranky Doo or similar routines
- You might have experience in improvising or choreographing small routines
Take this level if you are already advanced in Authentic Jazz and now want to push yourself to a higher level.
- You dance Authentic Jazz since several years
- You learn new routines quite fast and might even choreograph your own
- You probably have been in jam circles or performed as a dancer already
Full Pass – 185€
We will make it easy for you and include the full experience in one package:
- Up to 12 hours of Authentic Jazz & Variety classes in 3 days
- 8 international teachers – Anders Sihlberg (SE), Bára Hřebačková (BE), Ben Cook (UK), Cat Foley (UK), Joris Focquaert (BE)
Mikaela Hellsten (SE), Sep Vermeersch (BE) and Sharon Davis (UK)
- 3 evenings filled with dancing, entertainment and many surprises